Tuesday 26 April 2022

Brown Hare early afternoon

 I was lucky enough the other day to come across some cracking Brown Hares on one of my walks. It was a bright sunny afternoon with a gentle breeze which, fortunately, was coming towards me.

I was nearly at the end of the first path on my walk when this Hare came out of the field straight in front of me.  It sat down right in front of me and seemed to posed.

It didn’t seem to be in any hurry to move but eventually hopped away.

Just after it hopped away, I saw two Hares chasing around the same field.

A little further on my walk I saw a movement in a hedge so I stopped, out popped a Pheasant. I stood watching for a few seconds and I’m pleased I did because out of the same hedge came this Hare. This one posed for me too.

Then like the other one, hopped off. 

Instead of doing a circular walk as I usually do, I returned the way I came. And again, I’m pleased I did because when I got back to the first path this Hare came from the field to my right.

It came closer.

And closer.

And closer still.

Then sat in front of me. I could not believe my luck.

I then saw this Hare running at full tilt across a field.


No comments:

Post a Comment