Wednesday 27 April 2022

Brown Hare late afternoon

 Later that afternoon I decided to go back to where I had seen the Hares in the hope they were still around, they were. It was still sunny with the (chilly) breeze still coming towards me which helped me get a bit closer to where they were.

When I reached the field, this Hare was at a bit of a distance from me. I kept low down and because the breeze was coming towards me, I was able to get a bit closer to it.

Another hare came bounding down the tracks a tractor had made and stopped at about the same distance away as the first one. It looks as though it has stuck its tongue out at me.

They were soon chasing around the field.

Another joined in.

And they were chasing back and forth across the field.


These two were so intent on the chase they didn’t notice I was there.


And came closer and closer.


Until they got their eye on me and veered off.


One of them started to hunker down and as it was getting late, I decided to leave them to it.

But as I was leaving another one started to clean itself however it looks as though it is waving goodbye as I have been back a few times and have not seen them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment