Wednesday 12 June 2024

Hook Norton day one part two

 A few more images from our first trip to Otmoor and the garden of the cottage. Please don’t hesitate to correct me if I have the identification of these insects wrong.

Chequered Weevil.

Green Nettle Weevil.

Harlequin Ladybird with a mite. There were quite a few Harlequins around the reserve.


Orange Ladybird larva.

Another Harlequin Ladybird.


14-Spot Ladybird.

Two 14-Spot Ladybirds doing what comes naturally.

Climbing Harlequin Ladybird.

Golden-bloomed Grey Longhorn Beetle.

Male Red-headed Cardinal Beetle.

Common Brown Click Beetle.

Alder leaf Beetle.

Green Dock Beetle?

Dark Bush Cricket nymph.



4 comments:

  1. A nice selection for day 1, your cricket is a Dark Bush Cricket nymph (I love seeing all the different crickets and groppers when we're down south) and your red beetle I think more specifically is a Red-headed Cardinal Beetle (male with those bushy antennae). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Alan. I thought it was a Cardinal Beetle but it did not look like anything in the books that I have.

      Delete
  2. Beetle looks like Alder Leaf

    ReplyDelete