Sunday 23 June 2024

Crimdon Beach & Blackhall Rocks

 My farther in-law would take my wife to Crimdon Beach when she was a youngster and as he would have celebrated his 101st birthday, had he still been with us, last month we decided to have a nostalgic return visit. Of course, I took my camera and I did take some pictures but we spent most of the time collecting glass from the beach. I was carrying my camera while we were on the beach and someone noticed this and said if I was interested there were at least four Grasshopper Warblers at Blackhall Rocks so off we went to have a look. Unfortunately, when we got to Blackhall there was someone playing bagpipes in the carpark (I kid you not) and there were no Grasshopper Warblers to be seen or heard however there was lots of other things. Oh, and I’m still on with my holiday snaps.

These images of Ringed Plovers are from Crimdon everything else is from Blackhall Rocks.




Whitethroat.


Fulmar.




Meadow Pipit.



Red & Black Rhopalid.


A pair of Red & Black Rhopalid.


Even bugs need a cuddle.

Click Beetle.


Hairy Shieldbugs.

This one is about to take off.



Nomad Bee.

Nomad Bee about to land.

Wall Butterfly.

A worn Small White Butterfly

Daisy covered in Glyphipterix species of Moths.




No comments:

Post a Comment