Saturday 29 June 2024

Holidays day six part one

 The final day of our holidays and I have finally gone through all the images. As I said this was our final day and we spent it back at Otmoor where I was hoping to see some Dragonflies but the weather was against us most of the day and once again, I was disappointed. There was however somethings of interest.

Early instar Spiked Shieldbugs. (thanks AM).

Hornet.

Harlequin Ladybird.

Another Harlequin Ladybird.

A pair of Harlequin.

A pair of 14-spot Ladybirds.

Dock Bug. I have never seen as many.

Ruddy Darter the only Dragonfly we saw.

An unfortunate Damselfly has become a meal for a Spider.

Brimstone Butterfly.

Carrion Beetle a Black Snail Beetle. (thanks again AM)

Tabanus tergestinus Horse Fly (love the eyes).

Dark Bush Cricket nymph.


2 comments:

  1. Shieldbug nymphs are Spiked, probably 3rd, a good find as they're never easy to spot. Also your carrion beetle is a Black Snail Beetle (Silpha atrata), flightless, sometimes get reddish forms, one of our favourites, and yes, they eat snails. Another nice set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again thanks for the info Alan. I wouldn’t care but I nearly had them down as Spiked and the beetle as a Snail Beetle but as I wasn’t sure I chicken out and hedged my bets.

    ReplyDelete