Friday 21 June 2024

Holiday days three and four

 Back to Hook Norton and a visit to a National Trust property, Snowshill Manor home of Charles Padget Wade. While we were there, I took the opportunity to photograph the dozens of Swallows that were screaming around the house.

However, I’ll start with a Yellowhammer from the garden of the cottage.

Swallow.



In my first holiday Blog I have an image of a Swallow with a white feather on its head. Here is another Swallow with a white feather on its head. Surely it can’t be the same bird Otmoor, where I took the first image, is nearly forty miles from Snowshill could it be a trait in Swallows that some have a white feather.


Volucella bombylans Hoverfly.


It even waved us goodbye when we left.

The next few images were taken through the double glazing of our holiday cottage. Brown Hare.

Thrush.


Juvenile Thrush.

Rabbit.

I started with a Yellowhammer and I’ll finish with one.


No comments:

Post a Comment