Tuesday 13 August 2024

Harperley Hall Plant Centre

 Another visit to Harperley for coffee and photography from the coffee shop and the carpark.

Emperor Dragonfly.

“And away.”

Common Darter.

Female Broad-bodied Chaser ovipositing.


She landed for a rest.

The Swallows, House Martins and Sand Martins were all flying over the pond.

Toadlet (is that even a word).

A couple of Kestrel high up.

A couple of Red Kites were having a bit of a spat. This is one of the protagonists.

This is the other one.

I think the older bird may be trying to chase the younger one off.











I only had my 300mm lens with me and this bird landed too far away for me to identify it (these images are a 200% crop). It may be a Buzzard but I’m not sure so any held would be most welcome. Possibly Marsh Harrier thanks to DaveH for ID.

 


When we got home this Buzzard was flying over the garden.





4 comments:

  1. Cheers Dave it could be I hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just looking at the lighter head and the darks stripe through the eyes Ron ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete