Sunday 11 August 2024

Bowes Valley Nature Reserve…

 …or to me Kibblesworth Brick Ponds. We had a walk around the ponds toward the end of last month and once again I was disappointed with the amount of dog walkers that were letting their dogs jump into the ponds. I don’t know if this is affecting the dragonflies and damselflies but I didn’t see that many of them. I still took loads of images and as a result there are, for me, too many images for one Blog so I have split them into two. Any help with identification would be most welcome because I'm not great at it.

Flower Beetles?

Soldier Beetles.

Green Nettle Weevil.

Rove Beetle.

Female Green Leafhopper.

Hazel Leafhopper.

This looks like a Timothy Grassbug.

Grasshopper.

Small Skipper Butterfly.


Large Skipper Butterfly.

Meadow Brown Butterfly.

Comma Butterfly taking minerals from the ground.

Common Carpet Moth.

Two-banded Wasp Hoverfly?

Doing what comes naturally.

Bee.

Great Pied Hoverfly.


Mason Wasp?

Caterpillar?

As we were walking back to the car this Sparrowhawk flew over.


No comments:

Post a Comment