Saturday 24 August 2024

Burdon Moor

 I have just got back from a week’s holiday in Scotland and I haven’t even started to go through those pictures yet (and I have loads more to go through from before I went to Scotland) so here are some from Burdon Moor from the start of this month. I know I say this on Blogs where insects are the main subject but if I have the identification wrong, please feel free to correct me.

3rd instar Common Green Shieldbug. (thanks AM)

Birch nymph Shieldbug. (thanks AM)


Lined Froghopper.

Common Froghopper.

Common Froghopper?

Lined Froghopper.

I think another Lined Froghopper.

? Froghopper.

Plantbug.

7-spot Ladybird.

Another 7-spot.

Ichneumon Wasp.

A different Ichneumon Wasp.

Platycheirus species Hoverfly.

Platycheirus albimanus.

Syritta pipiens Hoverfly.

Helophilus pendulus Hoverfly.

Silver Y Moth.

Shaded Broad-bar Moth.

Dingy Footman Moth.

Small Skipper Butterfly.

Another Small Skipper.

Emerald Damselfly.

Wolf Spider with an egg sack.

Something has had a go at this Fly.


6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good week Ron, look forward to seeing your finds. Green shieldbug nymph is 3rd instar (2nds always have a fully glossy black pronotum with white edges), the other is a Birch nymph, 4th instar I would say on the second pic. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. I know I keep saying it but one of these days I'll get them right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was easy it wouldn't be so interesting. I'm impressed you can label the wasps and hoverflies, I'm clueless.

      Delete
  3. Trouble is I use books and the internet and I could look at some of them all day and I still wouldn’t have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that's what it's all about, see something interesting and look it up, a bit more knowledge sticks each time.

      Delete