Tuesday 27 August 2024

Twizell Woods

 As I said in my last Blog I have loads of images to go through from a few different places before we went on our week away to Scotland (I have just started to look at those images) here are some from Twizell Woods from the beginning of this month.

Male Southern Hawker Dragonfly in flight.





Female Southern Hawker posing.


A blue form female Southern Hawker posing for me (thanks AM).

Common Darter.


Emerald Damselfly.

Large Red Damselfly.

Common Froghopper.


Lined Froghopper.

Another Lined Froghopper.

14-spot Ladybird.


Green-veined White Butterfly.

Bumblebee.

Bee mimic Hoverfly.

Alder Leaf Beetle larvae (thanks MAE).


5 comments:

  1. Lovely shots of the Southern Hawkers Ron, I can never get decent flight shots, probably need a different lens (or more patience), though I believe your posing male is a blue-form female.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again thanks Alan I learn something new every day.

      Delete
  2. Caterpillar is a Alder Leaf Beetle larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.A.Eccles comment above beetle larvae

    ReplyDelete