Friday 26 August 2022

Twizell Ponds

Another visit to Twizell Woods to visit the ponds and this time the water levels were a little higher which was great to see. Good numbers of dragonfly, damselfly and butterflies around the ponds made it a canny afternoon out. 

Southern Hawker.








Female Southern Hawker laying eggs on a bulrush.


She tried a few different locations.


Male Black Darter.




Male Ruddy Darter.

Common Darter.




A pair of Emerald Damselfly.

Two pair of Emerald Damselfly.

Hairy/Sloe Shieldbug. This is one of only two I saw.

Large While Butterfly


Comma Butterfly. 


3 comments:

  1. Nice selection of dragons there, and some lovely flight shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan. I don’t know if you saw one of my replies but I was asking if you had taken your blog down because I can’t get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye Ron, temporarily taken down while I sort something out, let you know when up and running again. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete