Wednesday 17 August 2022

Burdon Moor

 A trip to Burdon Moor the other week proved interesting on the insect front, It was a canny walk out.

Male Common Darter.


Female Southern Hawker. 

Green Leafhopper (female I think).


Cinnabar Moth Caterpillar.


Not sure but could be an Ochsenheimeria urella Moth.

Bumblebee or Cuckoo bee?

It should be easy to identify but I just get confused. I find it hard to distinguish between a Bumblebee and a Cuckoo bee.

This one is being photo bombed.

Wasp cleaning its self.

Common Tachinid.

Hoverfly Myathropa florea.

Grasshopper.

Small White Butterfly.

Stonechat.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely selection Ron. Have just been catching up with your Mull posts as I'm just back from a 2 week break myself, great pics of some marvellous encounters, have only seen one flyover Sea Eagle myself so seeing them in action like that must be a treat, likewise the Hen Harriers, and like you say, the Otter encounter is a wildlife watcher's dream. Superb stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan thought you must have been away because I keep checking your Blog and haven’t seen any posts for a while. I know any wildlife encounter is special but just now and then some really do stand out.

    ReplyDelete