Monday 14 June 2021

A few days ago…

 …I was at Twizell Woods and I was lucky enough to see an emerging Broad-bodied Chaser something I have not seen before.

Just emerging




The Broad-bodied Chaser took a while to fully emerge and unfortunately I missed it flying off 

Another just emerged Broad-bodied Chaser

This one landed right next to me.

Broad-bodied Chaser and Large Red Damselfly on the same leaf

Male Broad-bodied Chaser


Mating Large Red Damselflies

Mating Azure Damselflies

A Beetle in one of the ponds. It’s not a Great Diving Beetle so not sure what this species is or what it’s doing in the water.

This Diving Beetle larva was coming to the surface attached to what looks like a stick. It looked to be taking air from the surface through its rear end.

This Mayfly has Pondskaters all over it, as you can see nothing goes to waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment