Saturday 12 June 2021

Images from Scotland…

 …part four (the final part). On our penultimate day in Scotland, we had a drive up to the Boat of Garten for White-faced Darter. Unfortunately, we didn’t find any in fact we only saw one Large-red Damselfly in the time we were there. What I didn’t expect to see were Crested Tits, I have seen them around the visitor centre at Loch Garten during autumn but they tend to stay high in the treetops during spring so to see them, all be it at a distance, was great. While in the area, we went to see the Slavonian Grebe it’s always great to catch up with them. 

Crested Tit





Slavonian Grebe







Oystercatcher


Netted Mountain Moth. This is the first time I have been able to get images of this moth they usually don’t stay still long enough.


Cranefly laying eggs


Willow Warbler.


Buzzard above the visitor centre at Loch Garten


The cottage has a large pond and when we got back from Boat of Garten I had a look around it. This Orangetip Butterfly was near the waters edge.


In the pond, I saw these nymphs the large one is, I think, a Water Beetle nymph unfortunately I don’t know what the smaller one is.


On our final day I opened the curtains to find these Pheasants fast asleep on the fence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment