Friday 25 June 2021

Black Plantation

 My first visit of the year to Black Plantation primarily for the Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary butterfly but in addition to that, it is always a pleasure seeing and photographing all the other insects that are there. 

Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary photobombed by a Hoverfly.


When the sun came out the butterflies became more active.





However when it wasn’t sunny they liked to rest on the moss.


Male Large Skipper.


I might not have found many Shieldbugs lately but I am finding loads of Micro Moths. These are just a few of them. However, I have given up trying to identifying most of them individually as its just too much like hard work lol.

 I think this is Eulia ministrant.



Tortricidae Sp.


I think this could be Notocelia roborana


Tortricidae Sp.


Not sure what they are (could be Sawfly caterpillars) but I saw quite a few like these.


Volucella bombylans which is a Bumblebee Mimic Hoverfly



Helophilus Sp. of Hoverfly


Orange-horned Scabious Sawfly


Black-backed Sawfly


Green Sawfly


Froghopper


Longhorn Beetle


Great Pied Hoverfly


Rhingia Sp. of Hoverfly


Mayfly


Ichneumonidae Sp.


Yellow Dungfly




No comments:

Post a Comment