Thursday 3 June 2021

I had my first trip to…

 …Twizell Woods this year last Sunday and what a canny trip it was. I saw at least three newly emerged Broad-bodied Chasers, quite a few Azure Damselflies and numerous Large Red Damselflies. I also got my first Speckled Wood butterfly of the year. I am still going through my Scotland images however, I hope to have some processed soon.

Broad-bodied Chaser.




A second BBC.


And a third.


The Large Red on the right is newly emerged however, I am not sure what species the other Damselfly is.


Azure Damselfly.


Dragonfly nymph.


Green-veined White Butterfly.


Speckled Wood Butterfly.


Silver-ground Carpet Moth


Caterpillar.


I might be miles out here but could this be a Gypsy Cuckoo Bumblebee? As I said in an earlier post, I am not good at Bees.


Carder Bee?


A couple of Dippers were on the stream.



Blocking our path back to the car was this Roe Deer.




2 comments:

  1. Great set of dragon pics Ron, never seen emerging BB Chaser before so a bit jealous. The other damsel is also a Large Red (female) not long emerged either, and as in previous post, I'm not much good with bees either. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan. I was there again yesterday and saw at least ten BBC emerging but not many pics as they were all low down in the grasses and reeds.

    ReplyDelete