Wednesday 16 June 2021

650 up

My first visit to Bowes Valley Nature Reserve (Kibblesworth Brick Ponds) this year was on the 4th of June so I am way behind with my Blog and I know I say it all the time but I will have to stop taking so many pictures.

Four-spotted Chaser


Another posing quite nicely


Four-spotted Chaser photobombed by a Damselfly.


Another with a Large Red Damselfly.


A one in flight


And a mating pair in flight and I nearly got a sharp image of them


I saw both male and female Broad-bodied Chaser but only managed a shot of the male


Blue-tailed Damselfly


Mating pair of Blue-tailed Damselflies? The male seems to have a beetle trapped between its legs


Another mating pair


This time a pair of Azure Damselflies


My first Large Skipper of the year


And my first Small Heath of the year


Nettle Weevil


On the way back to the car, I saw this juvenile Great-spotted Woodpecker poking its head out of its nest hole.


Later the same day I had a walk around Burdon Moor. I was only there a short time and while I was there this Roe Deer was the only thing worth taking a picture of



 

No comments:

Post a Comment