Wednesday 23 June 2021

Twizell Wood 17.6.21

I’m out nearly every day with the camera so I’m still way behind with the Blog but I don’t suppose it matters I will eventually catch up.

Male Broad-bodied Chaser






Female Broad-bodied Chaser


This battered looking female was laying eggs the male had other things on his mind.


This Large Red Damselfly looks as though it has had its abdomen dipped in white paint.


Humming Syrphus Hoverfly




Tiger Hoverfly


A parasitic wasp


Soldier Beetle


Soldier Beetle ready to take off


Wasp


Speckled Wood butterfly




2 comments:

  1. Broad Bodied Male is protecting female from any other males that maybe about. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Michael he did protect her for awhile however shortly after I got this shot this or another male (there were a few about) got into a mating wheel with this female. They flew around the pond but unfortunately they were too quick for me and I missed getting any shots she then went back to laying her eggs.

    ReplyDelete