Friday 2 July 2021

At last Shieldbugs

 I cannot believe it has taken so long but I have finally found some more Shieldbugs (thanks Alan for all of the info) not many but it’s a start. There was also a canny selection of other stuff.

Forest Bug



Final instar Forest Bug


Birch Catkin Bug

Mating Birch Catkin Bugs


Once again I have been through them all but can’t find this one.


2nd instar Parent Bugs

2nd instar Birch Shieldbugs


Exoskeleton of a Shieldbug


Harlequin Ladybird


7-spot Ladybird


Ladybird


Green Nettle Weevil


Narrow-bordered Five-spot Burnet Moth my first of the year.




Small Skipper Butterfly also my first of the year


Rusty Tussock Moth Caterpillar


Priocnemis Sp. Wasp


Greenfly


Beech Aphid?


Great Pied Hoverfly




3 comments:

  1. Glad you found some Ron, and a nice set of pics overall. Your large group of nymphs are Parent Bugs (3rd instars I think), the two nymphs are Birch Bugs (2nd instars) and those on the catkin are Birch Catkin Bugs, not Shieldbugs but of the true bug family. Not sure of the green one but another bug. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having checked, the Parent Bugs are 2nd instars Ron.

      Delete
  2. Cheers Alan. I have never seen a Birch Catkin Bug and those 2nd instar Birch Bugs were tiny. I think I will wear my glasses next time I might be able to see more. Hope your lad is ok.

    ReplyDelete