Saturday 24 July 2021

Durham Moors part one

 My wife and I had ride up onto the Durham Moors last weekend and what a beautiful day it was. The sun shone all day and it was great to watch and photograph so much wildlife especially these Spotted Flycatchers. There seemed to be so many in the wood it was hard to know where to look (so I have given them their own Blog); they definitely have had a good year.

One of my favourite pictures of the Spotted Flycatchers that I took on the day I just love the way the young bird is looking at the adult bird.


Coming in to feed the young ones.





They did not always like what they were given, like this wasp, but they still ate it.


It’s hard work eating all day.


A youngster calling to be fed.


There were quite a few adult birds around.





The adult birds were feeding the young ones regularly.




A different youngster being fed.




No comments:

Post a Comment