Saturday 24 July 2021

Durham Moors part two

 Here is some of the other wildlife we saw on the moors last weekend. And just as a matter of interest, this is the last Blog done on this computer as I have a nice shiny new one in a box that I am just about to open. I only hope when I plug my external hard drives in I don’t loose all of my images, wish me luck.

After seeing the adult Wheatear in the spring, it was nice to see the young ones doing well.





My immediate thought for this bird was a young Willow Warbler but now?


As it was for this one.


I was struck by the size of this Pipits feet.


This Common Sandpiper sat on this post long enough for me to rattle off a few shots.



I think the heat was getting to this Pied Wagtail



I wasn’t expecting to see Golden-ringed Dragonfly but both male and female were patrolling along the stream. 






Another bonus was seeing a good number of Dark Green Fritillary butterflies



An Antler Moth was also feeding on the thistles.




No comments:

Post a Comment