Tuesday 6 July 2021

I have been to…

…Twizell Woods on a couple of occasions over the past week or so as it is still one of my favourite places for Dragonflies. However, there were still no Southern Hawkers while I was there but I will keep looking. Here is what I did find.

Female Broad-bodied Chaser Ovipositing



Male Broad-bodied Chaser keeping watch


I could be wrong but judging by the amount of times this Four-spotted Chaser flew over this female I think it was trying to move her on from where she was laying eggs.


Four-spotted Chaser



The Emerald Damselflies were out in good numbers.



An unusual looking Azure Damselfly


Azures flying in tandem


I think these are Figwort Sawflies that are mating


A Figwort Sawfly coming in to land on a plant.


This very small Hoverfly was about to land on the same plant as the Sawfly


Weevils


Mating pairs of Weevils


This fly just looks so sinister hanging there


Spider with lunch


One of two Buzzards seen this one came to check me out.




As I got out of the car at home this Marmalade Hoverfly was hovering around the garden.



 

2 comments:

  1. Another cracking bunch of dragon shots Ron. Have neglected them this year with the Shieldbug project we're doing but Twizzell Woods looks a great spot, will make a point in having a visit next year I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alan it’s a great place to see them as you can get so close to them.

    ReplyDelete