Saturday 4 June 2022

May at work

 Instead of doing individual days or weeks I thought I would combine most of the images from work into one Blog. However, there are a few images so it makes for a big Blog. I have left them in the order they were shot and once again I’m rubbish with the identification of most of the insects.

The Swallows have returned but they are not nesting in their usual place.

Orange-tip Butterfly.

It looks like a Hoverfly but its eyes are too far apart so ?

Leafhopper?

Spider.

Bug.

Longhorn Moth.

St Mark's Fly?

Sawfly?

Nettle-tap

Another Longhorn Moth.

Male German Scorpionfly.

The best shot I could get of this Longhorn Beetle.

Eristalis sp. of Hoverfly

My first Dingy Skipper Butterfly of the year with a Hoverfly in attendance.


Pyrausta purpuralis Moth.

Hoverfly.

The only thing which looks vaguely familiar to this is a Nomad Bee sp.

Tortricidae Ancylis sp. of Moth.

Caterpillar.


This Song Thrush was sitting on the jib of a crane singing its head off.


It then moved to this pine tree and continued singing.

Buzzard with what looks like some kind of wading bird in its talons.


Another Tortricidae Ancylis sp. of Moth.

I have never seen one before so I haven’t a clue what this caterpillar is although I know it’s a very poor image of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment