Thursday 30 June 2022

Twizell Woods

 22.06.22 Yet another morning walk in Twizell Woods (it’s a great place) looking mainly for Dragons & Damsels but anything photogenic really and there is quite a lot of it. After Twizell I went to Chester-le-Street looking for White-letter Hairstreak butterflies none were to be seen but I did get a Shieldbug and Burnet moths.

Broad-bodied Chaser.



Four-spotted Chaser.


A newly emerged Darter which possibly looks to have something wrong with its eye.

A pair of Azure Damselflies.

Azure Damselfly.

Common Blue Damselfly.

A pair of Black-and-Yellow Longhorn Beetles.



Black-and-yellow Longhorn Beetle.

Orange-tip butterfly.

Speckled Wood butterfly.

Ringlet butterfly.

Believe it or not there is a moth here. I only knew it was there because it flew past me and I saw it land. My guess is it is a Carpet of some description.

Brown China-mark moth.

Froghopper.

This Buzzard was eyeing me up.


Forest Shieldbug

Five-spot Burnet moth in flight.

Five-spot Burnet moths.


1 comment:

  1. Mystery moth is a Mottled Beauty, Ron. Not always so nicely marked.

    ReplyDelete