Thursday 30 June 2022

Two Quarries

 23.06.22 Two quarries Bishop Middleham and Wingate. The former for Northern and Brown Argus butterflies and of course Orchids I’m not sure I managed to find the Northern variety though. The latter for Marbled White butterflies. The sun was shining so it was difficult to get the butterflies at rest however I did manage a few shots.

Dark Green Fritillary a nice surprise at Bishop Middleham.




Brown Argus butterfly.

Another Brown Argus.

A couple of Brown Argus.

The nearest I may have come to a Northern Brown Argus looking at the small white spot.

Male Common Blue butterfly.

Female Common Blue.

Dingy Skipper.

Large Skipper.

Yellow Shell moth.

Grasshopper.

Bee Orchid. I found quiet a few around the quarry.



A few more Orchids.



Marbled White butterfly.






No comments:

Post a Comment